General Information Regarding Trash Service
Trash and recycling services are provided to Hunters Ridge homes as part of the annual dues assessment.
Trash is picked up on Monday and Thursday. Recycling is picked up on Monday. Both trash and recycling services begin at 5:00 a.m. on these days. Yard waste will be picked up, when properly bundled (see Rules, Regulations & Procedures below), on Monday and Thursday.
Each new Hunters Ridge home was provided a wheeled trash cart and a recycle bin by the original trash provider to Hunters Ridge when first occupied. Over time, changes have occurred in trash haulers so the name on the trash carts and recycle bins may read American Disposal, Five Star, AAA or Waste Management prior to April 1, 2011. After April 1, 2011, Charlie & Son will provide, and own, brand new trash carts and recycle bins to each home in Hunters Ridge. Each Hunters Ridge homeowner or renter is financially responsible for lost, damaged and stolen trash carts and recycle bins. Each homeowner or renter is also charged with the responsibility to pass these containers onto subsequent homeowners and renters at the same address. Each new buyer or renter is responsible to assure that they receive a Charlie & Son trash cart and recycle bin as part of occupying the residence. If the new owner or renter does not receive a Charlie & Son trash cart and/or a recycle bin they will need to contact the trash hauler directly and arrange to have a replacement delivered. The owner or renter, not the Hunters Ridge HOA, is responsible for paying all costs and expenses for replacement containers.
The trash hauler will collect trash and recyclables from privately owned containers so long as they are well constructed and consistent with the design of the hauler’s containers. The trash hauler is not required to collect trash from a competitor’s trash and/or recycling container.
Charlie & Son Trash Service, Inc.
3665 Elm Farm Rd.
Woodbridge, VA 22192
Rules, Regulations & Procedures
The following are the rules, regulations and procedures included in Hunters Ridge’s 5-year contract (4/1/2011 through 3/31/2016) with Charlie & Son:
- Household items such as furniture, tables, dressers, sofas, console TV’s, microwave ovens, and large appliances are considered “special pickups”. These pickups are the responsibility of the Hunters Ridge homeowner/renter to arrange directly with Charlie & Son. Charges for these pick-ups are totally the homeowner’s responsibility;
- All trash, grass, leaves and flower bushes must be bagged, or put in the trash can, and then placed at street level. Bushes or limbs are to be tied in 3’ to 4’ length bundles;
- No remodeling debris such as wallboard, drywall, decking lumber, fencing or roofing shingles will be collected. Carpet, carpet padding, tile, sinks, tubs, cabinets, etc. are considered remodeling debris. These pickups are the responsibility of the Hunters Ridge homeowner/renter to arrange directly with Charlie & Son. Charges for these pick-ups are totally the homeowner’s responsibility;
- There is a 35 pound weight restriction on all bags, trash carts or bins. It is at Charlie & Son’s discretion to determine weight;
- Prohibited materials are rocks, sod, dirt, bricks, cinder blocks, wood, iron, paint and hazardous material;
- Brush with thorns must be neatly bundled and tied and placed inside the trash cart;
- Grass and leaf collection are limited to 8 to 10 bags per pick-up;
- Fireplace ashes are the responsibility of the Hunters Ridge homeowner/renter and must be totally extinguished prior to being placed in the trash cart;
- Pick-ups will begin at 5:00 a.m. All items must be out and staged ready for pick-up prior to 5:00 a.m. Service will be completed by 4:00 p.m. weather permitting;
- If a designated holiday falls on Monday or Thursday there will be no pickup. Pick-up will re-commence on the next scheduled pick-up day. Designated holidays are the Fourth of July, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. During inclement weather Charlie & Son will post updates on their website (www.charlieandsontrashservice.com). Charlie & Son reserves the right to suspend service when road conditions are dangerous.
- The wheeled trash cart and the recycle bin are the responsibility of the Hunters Ridge homeowner/renter (not the HOA) if lost, destroyed or stolen. The homeowner/renter will be billed $75 for any lost, destroyed or stolen wheeled trash cart and $9.00 for any lost, destroyed or stolen recycle bin. It is the responsibility of the homeowner/renter to transfer the trash cart and recycle bin to subsequent homeowners/renters. Any new homeowner/renter who takes delivery of a Hunters Ridge home that is missing a trash cart and/or a recycle bin will be responsible for contacting Charlie & Sons to purchase a replacement unit. Above cited replacement charges are subject to change.